Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions of hire set out herein are the only terms and conditions upon which the
hirer may hire the trailer from the Owner and/or its agent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. In this document the word “Owner” means ” Trailer Ezy Rentals Owbridge Investments P/L
and/or its members or agent”, and the word “trailer” means “trailer, mower and all equipment
attached thereto or hired under this Agreement”.
2. The hirer agrees the trailer is in a good and serviceable condition. Trailer Ezy Rentals
reserves the right to exchange the hire item at the said location or nearest possible location with an
equivalent item at any time before and during the booking or hire period.
In the event that the exchange of item or location cannot occur Trailer Ezy Rentals reserves the
right to refund the hire amount without any compensation.
3. Hirer agrees to insure his/her own property and towing vehicle against loss or damage for any
reason whatsoever prior to loading or towing trailer and agrees that no claim for loss or damage can
be made against the Owner.
4. The hirer shall use the trailer in a skilful and proper manner and shall not speed or overload
it. Trailers of 6′ x 4′ to 8′ x 5′ sizes must not be used to carry more than half a tonne. It is suggested
that weight should be 70% in the front half of cargo space. The hirer must not exceed 80km per
hour. The hirer acknowledges that the Department of Motor Transport requires safety chains and
proper lights. It is the hirer’s responsibility to comply with all regulations including load capacity of
the trailer and of the towing car. In relation to the tandem trailers, the hirer acknowledges that to
comply with the Department of Motor Transport regulations the trailer must not gross more than
.75 of a tonne without the brakes on the trailer being connected to the towing vehicle. The Hirer
guarantees The Owner that they have the knowledge, skill and ability required to enable them to
carry out the loading and towing of the trailer without incident or accident. The Hirer will not load or
tow the trailer without the knowledge, skill and ability required fulfilling this guarantee.
5. The Hirer agrees that it will not load, tow or otherwise travel with the trailer on any kind of
unsealed road/roadway/laneway or any other transportation route. An unsealed road is defined as
a road that does not have a sealed bitumen surface. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE THE TRAILERS
TO BE TAKEN ONTO THE BEACH.
6. Secure your load – Hirer agrees to secure all property/goods or stock within the parameters
of the trailer so as to ensure that the said loads or part thereof will not under any circumstances part
from or leave the trailer during transit or otherwise (see clause 3 above regarding insurance). The
Hirer will secure their load using suitable tie down materials. (Hirer agrees not to use the winch on
the car carrier to secure the load).
7. The Hirer agrees that all fully enclosed trailers (Furniture Vans , Furniture Trailers) are not
guaranteed to be waterproof or dust proof and that the hirer is responsible to take precautions to
prevent water damage to any goods they enclose within the trailer.
8. Hirer agrees to have coupling attached to the tow vehicle at all times when loading, whilst
loaded and during unloading.
The jockey wheel is for raising and lowering the trailer and is not to be used to manoeuvre the
9. Upon completion of the hiring the trailer must be properly cleaned by the hirer. Trailers
returned in a dirty condition in the opinion of the Owner shall be cleaned at the hirer’s expense.
10. This agreement may not be transferred or assigned to any other party without the consent
in writing of the owner.
11. The Hirer shall make his own insurance arrangements and assume all responsibility for any
liability arising from the trailer or vehicle while the trailer or vehicle is in the care and control of the
hirer or is being used by the hirer or servants . The trailer is not insured against theft or damage and
it is the hirer’s responsibility to keep it secure.The Hirer accepts full liability for any costs relating to
the trailer or vehicle in the event that the trailer or vehicle is lost, stolen or in any way damaged. The
hirer will be charged at new retail replacement cost of trailer , vehicle or component.
12. The Hirer authorises all charges for the hire of the trailer to be charged and debited to the
hirer’s credit card or Pay Pal Account. If hire is paid by cash then payment in full is due upon
booking, along with applicable deposit.
13. The Hirer agrees that all additional charges related to the hire of the trailer will be
automatically charged and debited to the hirer’s credit card. If additional charges are not paid then
further action will be taken to recover monies owed.
14. The Hirer agrees that they are the same person as detailed on the licence provided.
15. The Hirer agrees that in the event of incorrect licence details being provided that the credit card
details provided by the hirer is proof of hire.
16. On the termination of the period of hiring the Hirer at his own expense must return the
trailer to the address stated within or if no such address is so stated to the Service Station or place
from which it was hired.
The hirer acknowledges and agree’s to pay in full to AWTR /U Haul the standard trailer recovery
fee of $2100.00 should the hirer fail to return the hire item to the address stated on the hire
When the trailer cannot be returned by the due time at the expiration of the hiring period (“due
time”) the hirer must advise Trailer Ezy Rentals by phone on 0427 093 388 during normal business
hours before that due time and advise Trailer Ezy Rentals of the estimated time of return. When a
trailer is not returned by expiration time of the agreed hire period the rental of the trailer shall be
treated for charging purposes as a new hiring. The new hiring will be charged at standard rate that
would apply for a new hire
17. During the continuance of the hiring, the hirer will not -
(a) Sell, offer for sale, assign, mortgage, pledge or underlet the trailer or any interest of the hirer
(b) Part with possession of the trailer;
(c) Allow any lien to be created in respect of the trailer whether for repairs or otherwise.
18. The hirer acknowledges that the Owner may use satellite tracking devices on any of its hire
The hire acknowledges that the owner may disclose data recorded in relation to this rental in
conjunction with any future promotional or marketing undertaken by the Owner or business
19. The hirer shall be responsible for all freight and other charges where incurred by the owner or
the hirer in respect of the delivery and return of the trailer except when authorized by the owner or
20. In the event of a trailer breaking down the hirer shall arrange at his own expense to return it to
the owner or its agent forthwith. The period of the hire shall be determined upon such return of the
trailer to the owner or its agent; in no event shall the owner be responsible for any expenditure
damage and/or loss incurred by the hirer arising out of any breakdown or failure of the trailer.
21. In the event of the hirer being delayed en route, the hirer is required to advise the owner Trailer
Ezy Rentals on 0427 093 388 within 24 hours of the expiry time of the contract, as stated on the
contract. If further delay is experienced, and the amended arrival time cannot be met, the hirer is
then required to give further notice to that effect. The hirer agrees to indemnify the owner against
any costs incurred by the owner as a result of the hirer’s failure to provide such information.
22. The Hirer will be held totally responsible for any damage caused to the trailer while it is
covered by this contract, and will also be liable for all costs incurred in recovery of and repair of the
trailer. The Hirer agrees to accept liability for the loss of and/or any damage to the trailer and the
deposit will be held as part payment for any damage.
23. INDEMNITY: The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified and save harmless the Owner
and the Owner’s servants and agents from all damages, suits, actions, claims and demands of every
description whatsoever and howsoever arising either directly or indirectly from the use,
maintenance, transport, operation of the trailer or otherwise.
24. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY: The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or the Hirer’s servants
and/or agents from any damages, suits, actions, claims and demands of every description
whatsoever and howsoever arising either directly or indirectly from representations, warranties,
terms and conditions express or implied (except in so far as statutory conditions and warranties
cannot be excluded under Part V Division 2A of the Trade Practices Act (1974) or relevant State
legislation), use, maintenance, transport, operation of the trailer or otherwise.
25. OPERATION OF CLAUSE: Clauses 21 & 22 hereof to the extent these clauses are inconsistent
with other clauses, terms or conditions of the Agreement clauses 21 & 22 are to override any such
other clauses and be of paramount force.
26. The hirer agrees that he will not allow repairs to be carried out or costs to be incurred on the
owner’s behalf without having first obtained an authority number from Head Office.
Hirer agrees to carry a spare wheel for the trailer at all times
Hirer acknowledges that a wheel brace jack are not supplied with the hire
The Hirer acknowledges that he is responsible for all punctures and that no claim for tyres will
be met without presenting the tyre in question to the owner and/or an agent of the owner.
27. The Hirer must notify Trailer Ezy Rentals of late return of trailer. The Hirer can request to extend
the hire. Trailer Ezy Rentals reserves the right to refuse an extension and ask for the trailer to be
returned by a specified date and time. This step terminates the contract between Trailer Ezy Rentals
and the Hirer at the date and time advised by Trailer Ezy Rentals. Upon termination of the contract,
failure by the hirer to return the trailer shows intent of the hirer to not return the trailer, and the
Police will be informed and the trailer reported as stolen.
28 Trailers are not to be towed by vehicles with 24 volt electric systems (All trailers are 12 volt only)
29 Trailers are not to be towed by vehicles with a greater than 4.5 tonne gross vehicle mass(GVM).
30. Late return fees will be charged.
31. MAXIMUM LOAD ON CAR CARRIER/TRANSPORTER AND TANDEM CAGES 1.2 TONES (1200
MAXIMUM LOAD ON SINGLE AXLE TRAILERS UNBRAKED 500kg
MAXIMUM LOAD ON SINGLE AXLE TRAILERS BRAKED 700kg
32. IMPORTANT TOWING VEHICLE LIMITATIONS
The Aggregate Trailer Mass (i.e. mass of trailer plus load) MUST NOT exceed the maximum towing
capacity of the tow vehicle as specified by the vehicle manufacturer. The towing capacity of vehicles
is usually provided in the vehicle operator’s hand book. Also check towbar’s manufacturers
specification plate on towbar as the two may differ.
Trailers fitted with over-ride brakes may not be towed by a vehicle whose unladen weight is less
than the total weight of the trailer and any equipment or load on the trailer.
34. A 50mm diameter tow-ball is a standard requirement for all hire trailers.
35. Our e-mail communications may include HTML-based email messages which requires your
computer to be enabled to accept HTML e-mail.
LONG TERM HIRES – TRAILERS ONLY
36. In addition to the standard Terms and Conditions, the following apply to Long Term hires.
37. A Long Term Hire is defined as any trailer hire that is initially hired for a minimum of three
weeks and extended thereafter.
38. Hires can only be extended prior to the due date and time or standard late fees will apply.
39. Long Term Hires are available from selected locations only.
40. Long Term hires are not available for One Way hires.
41. A standard hire cannot be transferred to a Long Term Hire. In this instance, a new hire contract
must be commenced.
42. It is the hirer’s responsibility to keep the trailer in a roadworthy condition. If the hirer feels that
the trailer requires attention, they are to contact our head office to arrange a maintenance
inspection as soon as possible.
43. Any faults with the trailer must be reported to Trailer Ezy Rentals during normal business hours,
prior to further use of the trailer.
44. Trailer Ezy Rentals reserves the right to exchange the hire item with an equivalent item at any
time during the hire period.
45. The hirer agrees that they will not allow repairs to be carried out or costs incurred on the
owner’s behalf without having first obtained an authority number from Head Office.
Long Term Hires can only be booked with a valid credit card.
47. Payment can be made in full at the time of the booking, Atternatively, the following payment
plan is available:
- The first payment is made at the time of booking. This payment covers the first
three weeks of
- All future payments will be debited on a weekly basis from the provided credit card,
(1) week after commencement of the hire.
48. An email advice for the subsequent installments will be sent three (3) days prior to the credit
card being debited.
49. In the event of a payment being declined, attempts will continue to be made every 24 hours to
process due payment. Trailer Ezy Rentals will attempt to make contact with the hirer regarding the
50. In the event that Trailer Ezy Rentals is unable to make contact with the hirer and payment has
not been processed, the trailer will be reported stolen to the Police after a period of 24 hours.
51. EARLY RETURN POLICY
In the event of a Long Term hire being returned earlier than the contracted term, the hire rates
will be re-calculated in accordance with our fee schedule. A cancellation penalty fee which equates
to 5% of the original hire value will also be charged.
51. There is no refund for early return of the trailer.
TOLLS, FINES and ADDITIONAL CHARGES
52.. All toll fines, but not limited to, will be charged a $20.00 administration fee plus the value of
52a All penalty and traffic infringement fines (e.g. exceeding speed limit, red light camera), but not
limited to,will be charged a $50.00 administration fee, plus the value of the fine or penalty if
53. I, the customer authorises Trailer Ezy Rentals to debit my credit card for the administration fee
plus the fine value where applicable without any further correspondence for any fines incurred
whilst any item of Trailer Ezy Rentals is/was in my possession.
53a. I the customer authorises Trailer Ezy Rentals to debit my credit card for all additional charges
incurred under the terms and condtions of the hire agreement.
REFUND and CANCELLATION POLICY
54.. Refunds and Cancellations are subject to the following:
a/. A minimum of 24 hours notice must be given on all cancellations prior to the start time and
date of the booking.
b/. A holding and cancellation fee of $20 per week (or part thereof) calculated from the time of
booking will be deducted from the refund.
c/. Any notice pursuant to this clause is to be made by telephoning 0427 093 388 between the
hours of Monday and Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm and Sunday 9am to 4pm.
55.. There is no refund for any early return of the hired trailer.
56.. The hirer shall not be compensated for any loss of time incurred by the hirer as a result of any
component of mechanical failure of the trailer.
47. The Damage Waiver covers you our customer, against the repair or replacement cost of the
trailer in the event of an accident (Accidental damage to the TRAILER or HIRE ITEM only) Tyres,
Jockey Wheel,Broken Lights , Hirers Goods and Towing costs excluded.
The DAMAGE WAIVER will not cover you the hirer in the event of OVER LOADING, UNSECURED
LOAD’S , INCORRECTLY LOADED or UNLAWFUL USE of the hire item.
48.. The Hirer acknowledges and warrants that all information provided by it is true and accurate
and can be relied upon by Trailer Ezy Rentals.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SAFE OPERATION OF WINCH:
49. Bag instructions: Please place a bag or rag in the middle of the winch cable during operation.
50. Before commencing to load rolling stock tyres are to be inflated to tyres recommended PSI.
51. Maximum load for Winch is S.W.L. 1000kg, not designed for lifting and keep clear of all moving
52. The winch is not to be used for securing load under any circumstances.
53. The winch is not to be used to unload any stock (load) under any circumstances.
54. Before using winch ensure the ratchet on winch is engaged and keep engaged at all times under
55. Do not release cable to its full extent.
56. Do not load the trailer unless the area directly behind is clear for 20 metres and load on level
57. If you have any question on the safe operation of the equipment please call 0427 093 388 during
business hours. Do not use winch if unable to contact office.
ATTENTION: BEFORE STARTING OFF ON YOUR HIRE
58. Safety chains must be attached to tow vehicle correctly.
59. Ensure coupling handle is correctly down.
60. Ensure all lights are working correctly.
61. For information or questions on the above contact 0427 093 388 during office hours.
If unsure you are not to take trailer and refund will be given.
The hirer shall contact Trailer Ezy Rentals immediately should the item fail to meet the hirer’s
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAILER HIRE
As a holder of a current drivers licence, you understand the obligations you have to safely operate
your vehicle on any type of designated or undesignated roadway, or property access-way, in
accordance to the State’s Road Safety / Traffic Rules. Our support to your safety is to ensure that you
have the basic understanding of your trailer hire. Your trailer hire agent is not an authorised trainer
or assessor in safe towing. If at any time you feel that you are not competent to safely attach or tow
the trailer, we recommend that you do not hire the trailer at this point and contact an authorised
training organisation and/or the relevant Transport authority. Every effort is undertaken to ensure
your hire trailer is in roadworthy condition. Please do not use the trailer if there are doubts about it’s
roadworthiness and report this immediately to the hire agent. As part of the hire program and in
addition to the conditions of use, it is your responsibility to report any identified or potential faults
with the trailer, immediately or as soon as possible to the hiring agent.
I am competent with (and not limited to):
Correctly connecting and disconnecting the trailer coupling hitch.
Correctly applying the safety chain connections.
Correctly applying the trailer light plug connections.
Conduct the light operation checks, prior and after use.
Ensure safe load distribution on and off the trailer.
Ensuring any load is safely secured during loading/unloading activities, or when parked or under
Correctly securing the jockey wheel when the trailer is both under tow and not undertow.
The maximum load rating allowed for this trailer.
The braking system of the is trailer (if applicable).
Not to operate the trailer with over or under inflated tyres.
FOR INFORMATION ON ANY OF THE ABOVE PLEASE CONTACT THE HEAD OFFICE DURING OFFICE
HIRER MUST RETURN TO THIS COMPUTER CONSOLE TO RETURN TRAILER.